Thursday, August 9, 2007

Levi Update

More good news...they're bottle-feeding every other feeding and he's doing pretty good with it; his weight is up over birth weight now (they tend to lose weight after being born) at 4 pounds 8 ounces; and I just heard from Sonja that they moved him from his incubator to a crib! (that means he's doing a good job keeping his body temp up)

We've started thinking about how we're going to get him home...the car seat we had bought (before he surprised us with an early arrival) is for a regular newborn...we need one that will accommodate his sub-5 pound body. We think we found the one we want and Sonja is going to do some searching to see where the best deal is.

But, Sonja said just now that the Doctor thinks he'll be coming home in a week! It's going to be a busy house project week...but I think we can do it!

3 comments:

Michael / Tifani said...

Need some help tomorrow evening or Sunday to mud/tape/paint/etc? We your guys! (mostly..)

Michael / Tifani said...

Oi! I mean *we're.* Ima spelng sooperstar.

Tracy said...

Wow you guys! That is amazing! You have a tiny miracle guy there (sooperstar?)!

You two are going to be a wonderful parenting team and I just am floored at how well he is doing. Yipee!