Sunday, September 16, 2007

I Wonder...

I'm doing some studying for our Bible Quiz practice tomorrow* (I want to make sure the students are actually learning something about the material, not just memorizing the words). In Galatians Paul is establishing is authority and makes reference to receiving his Gospel from Jesus (which we know happens in Acts 9). I wonder, though, if Paul ever met Jesus before he was crucified. Of course the NT makes no mention of this, so it is pure speculation. But, perhaps during one of the many times Jesus spoke to the Pharisees, I wonder if Paul/Saul was in the crowd. I can just totally see Jesus locking eyes with him and thinking...well, I don't know what Jesus might have thought...but, it's interesting to think about.

*Sonja and I are coaching the Bible Quiz team at our church this year. We're very excited about it and so far it's going pretty good. It's crazy how competitive it is, but we feel it has the potential to be very beneficial to the students.

1 comment:

Alaska Stafford said...

After Jesus ascended, another was chosen to replace Judas. Yet we never hear of him again. Paul, however goes onto to write most of the New Testament, and refers to himself as an apostle. Do you suppose the 11 jumped the gun in chosing a replacement. Were they suppose to wait for Paul/Saul to fill that spot at the right time?