Sunday, February 4, 2007

Just up in the attic

Part of my new job has been driving around to different Red Apple and Thriftway stores and getting them ready for a conversion to a different network (for ordering and inventory stuff). If you've heard of AG (Associated Grocers), then that's the old network and the new network is called Northwest Grocers. It's been kind of fun...last few weeks I was in Marysville, Granite Falls, Kingston and Bremerton (via the ferry), and Renton. The other day, I went to a grocery store about 5 blocks from our house...best commute ever. Next week I'm headed to Poulsbo and Olympia. They also have stores in Eastern Washington, Oregon and Alaska (I already volunteered for the Alaska stores). But I digress...


Last week I was at a Red Apple store in Bremerton. The DSL company had already installed the DSL modem, but according to my notes, the store still needed to arrange for a cable to be run from the "telco" area to the office. I needed to put ends on either end of the cable and we would be good to go. Sure, no problem. I get to the store and the manager tells me that he DSL modem and telco area is up in the attic...let's go have a look. We headed out to the warehouse/loading dock area. I knew I was in trouble when the manager grabs a ladder.


I got even more nervous when he leans the ladder up against the side of the building and turns to me and says, "you aren't bothered by heights are you?" Well, luckily I'm not, but I can't help thinking what if I had been. I think the pictures say it all, but it was a bit of an adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like exceptionally good times. I might have to get in on that...

Alaska Stafford said...

I know for sure there's a Red Apple in Anchorage, off of Bragraw. It's kinda scuzzy... If you get it, we'll have to hook up for lunch or something. Keep me updated.