Friday, August 15, 2008
Coolest Vendor Swag Ever
I love my job. I especially love it when I get free stuff from vendors.
Some people don't like to sully themselves with vendor swag and I can
appreciate their position on that. But, I'm also a little cheap, so I'll
take free stuff when I get it. If a vendor thinks trinkets and food will
buy my loyalty more than competitive prices and good service, well that's
just dumb. I'm happy to take the trinkets and food, though - I figure it's
built into the cost of the products I buy anyway.
And, so, about every month or so I get a free lunch from one vendor or
another. I took Sonja and her parents to the new Indiana Jones movie at a
nice theater in Bellevue (and they gave us each a $10 concession stand gift
card) - all on a vendor. A vendor one time even sent me an iPod Nano (a
partnership promo with HP).
But, today when I got back to my desk after a meeting, there was a rather
large box in my chair. The return address was from AT&T. I didn't order
anything from AT&T (personal or business). Nor did my co-workers. So, I
opened it up. And found the coolest vendor swag ever! A remote control
race car - replete with my name on it!
Of course, as you can see, they didn't send the remote for it. To get that
I need to meet with them and hear about their offerings. The kicker is that
I'm not the one with buying authority! They should have sent it to my boss
(not sure how they got me as the contact on it). And, some Google searching
finds that the car can be bought a handful of places for around $40 (with a
remote!), so it's not like it's super expensive swag. But, still, they get
some style points for sending me a remote control car. Especially one with
my name on it!See and download the full gallery on posterous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
that is pretty freakin cool!
Post a Comment