So, I just called to cancel another credit card (cheers!). When the guy asked why, I told him we were cleaning up our credit cards and closing them out. He asked which cards we were keeping (obviously wanting to talk me into his being one of them). I told him none of them. Getting rid of all of them. His response? "Well, then you won't be able to open an account at Blockbuster without a credit card." Oh the horror!!! Nooooooooooooooo!!! Not Blockbuster! Please, don't take that away from me. I'll stay in financial bondage and be in constant temptation to use debt...just don't take away my Blockbuster!
Seriously? Is that what they're trained to use to try to retain customers? I told him I bet Blockbuster would let me rent a movie if I had money. And that if being able to rent at Blockbuster was the one benefit I had by keeping a credit card, then I guess I could do without Blockbuster. He then went on to tell me I couldn't rent a car without a credit card. I told him you can rent a car without a credit card. He firmly declared that you can't. Whatever...just close the account.
This is what we're up against people. These companies have just been feeding us lies and we've been buying into it. No more.
I feel like going and renting a car today with my DEBIT card just out of spite. Anyone want to go for a drive?
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had a lady one time tell me that she just wouldn't feel right about letting me cancel their card and miss out on their great services. She said she couldn't let me do such a horrible thing. So, they're saying I'm smart enough to sign up for their card, but too dumb to cancel it...
They neglected to tell you that they'll also be taking away your birthday. And your fun. Blockbuster is only the tip of the iceburg.. "muah-ha-haaaa!" *cue lightning bolts and smoke machines*
Post a Comment