Not sure if you've heard all the latest buzz about them finding Jesus' family tomb. I guess there was a special on Discovery recently about it (for those that still have those shiny contraptions with pictures inside called TVs). I guess it was produced by James Cameron (Mr. Titanic) and was made pretty well...kind of like a movie. Wasn't there another movie recently that pretended to be historically accurate and was just full of a bunch of fiction? But I digress...
I didn't see the special or even hear about it until I listened to Stand to Reason's weekly podcast where Greg Koukl had Gary Habermas on the show talking about the tomb and the Discovery special. Koukl is an apologetics guy (really practical stuff) and Habermas is one of the world's foremost experts on the Resurrection of Jesus (and also an apologetics guy). You should download the mp3 (or podcast it) if you have heard about this and have questions about it - or if your co-workers are talking about it.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hmmm...would have been interesting to see that show (and then listen to the podcast afterwards). Mankind really sucks at accuracy.
Thank you for the resources! Our small group has mentioned this a couple of times- and has gone between "I just ignore it" to "it's crazy!". I'm one who likes to know how to combat the falsehoods when they come up (I guess it comes from my WA blood instead of growing up surrounded by churches!) Thanks for the defense!
So... A guy that makes movies, who only makes money if people come and see his movie, has discovered Jesus' grave, and has now made a movie about it for people to pay him to see... Well, at least he doesn't have any ulterior motives... It just doesn't get any more unbiased than that. Unless it's the tobacco industry telling me that cigarettes do not cause cancer, or the credit card companies telling that debt is a good thing.
Post a Comment